- 2 packets Green Breeze (2g = 1tsp)
- 30g almond powder
- 30g powdered sugar
- 30g egg white (aged at room temperature for about 48h)
- 30g granulated sugar
- 30g butter, unsalted (room temperature)
- 10g brown sugar
- Sift together almond powder, powdered sugar and Green Breeze several times.
- Beat egg white until foamy in a bowl.
- Add granulated sugar to the egg white in 3 parts.
- Add pre-sifted Green Breeze/almond powder/powdered sugar in 2 parts.
- Mix quickly and gently with a flat rubber spatula.
- Smooth the dough by pressing it to the bowl surface to remove bubbles. (This is called macaronage process) Then turn the dough over.
- Repeat above 3-4 times.
- Put the dough into a pastry bag with nozzle. Then squeeze it on the prepared baking sheets. The size should be about 1 inch diameter.
- Poke air bubbles on the surface with a toothpick.
- Leave the tray at room temperature until the surface gets dry (about 30min-1h).
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Put the tray into oven. Reduce heat to 270F and bake for 15min.
- Mix softened butter and brown sugar. Sandwich it between two puffs when they are cooled.
Share this post
Newer Post →